Monday, September 17, 2012

Robot Band

Instead of throwing tons of bad components away, I've taken to turning them into little robots.This week, i made a "band" of robots. Enjoy the silliness...

Saturday, May 12, 2012

Finished The pro reverb

The pro reverb turned out to be an insanely long money pit of a project.At this point, it's done (with the exception of the logo,of course) and sounds absolutely amazing.
 The guts were tweaked quite a bit to get them where i was happy with the sound - the left channel is essentially a super reverb and the vibrato channel has some tweaked tone control values.
 I'm not sure that i could ever sell it for what i spent in parts and labor, but it played its' first gig last week and performed flawlessly :)

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Pro Reverb restoration

Somehow, i've roped myself into another project amp that is neither financially feasible or especially desireable.
 The amp is a 1972 (or thereabouts) fender pro reverb. It's a non master volume,non ultralinear amp that clearly had potential hidden under it's peavey tweed patterned vinyl and replaced incorrect baffle.
 The baffle replacement wrecked the cabinet and by my count it was broken into roughly 14 pieces and then "repaired" and slathered with epoxy...
 Bitching about workmanship of the repairs aside, it is coming along nicely. i stripped 2 layers of glue off the outside of the cabinet and have been unrepairing and re-repairing it.
 Here's a few pics to give you an idea of what i'm working with here...

At this point, things are buzzing along quickly.The electronics are repaired, the new baffle is cut and the wood repairs are close to being done. the replacement tolex is in hand and i just happen to have a roll of nos grill cloth material that is period correct for this amp.the original grill was broken and glued back together incorrectly but there's enough there for me to use it as a template.
 I'll try to update every few days as it comes along and hopefully she will be up and going  in the next week!!